LIFE SKILL 1 & 2 OBEDIENCE CLASS
What is Life Skills Level Training?
Our training methods are based on positive motivation utilizing toys, treats, petting, and praise to make training fun and successful. You will need to bring treats and toys to class to reward your dog for trying new things! Train your dog to be an enthusiastic learner and learn skills that will be retained for life!
Basic Good Manners Level 1 – “Getting started with the ABCs of learning” – Starts every Friday/Saturday/Sunday
· Week 1 is orientation: training techniques and life skills training goals, start teaching recall.
· Weeks 2 and 3 focus on getting the basics: teach Sit, Down, Stand, Close, Stationary Attention and Eye Contact, stop dogs from jumping up, and start teaching Stay.
. Walk with me - Walking on a loose leash with attention.
· Useful Pet Tricks: Spin and Play Dead, Leave it.
Requirements to move to Level 2: Dog can sit, down, and stand on command. The dog will watch owner with mild distractions while walking on a loose leash.
Level 2 – “More Manners”
· Self Controlled Walking – walking on a leash without pulling, about turns, paying attention to the owner, and ignoring the other dogs. Then you can teach him anything!
· Recall – on a leash, no matter what!
· Stay – sit, down, and stand
· Problem-solving session for barking, digging, chewing, mouthing, house-soiling, etc.
· Pet tricks: Touch (e.g. ring the bell, push ball), Paw Wave.
Requirements to move to Level 3: Dog can stroll around training area with attention on the owner, leaving other dogs alone. The dog will recall on a leash with mild distractions. The dog will stay for 30 seconds down and 45 seconds sitting with mild distractions (handler standing on the leash).
WED NIGHT: Canberra Park; 8-9pm
FRI NIGHT: Bishan Park 2; 8-9pm
SAT MORNING: Katong Park; 10-11am
SUN MORNING: Katong Park; 10-11am
SUN MORNING: West Coast Park; 9.30-10.30am